Assuming your system will be installed at c:\wtaxpro
1.Install the WinTax 30-day evaluation version from the internet on your new computer using the link below:
Using a USB flash drive:
- Copy the license file (c:\wtaxpro\app.cfg) from old computer to new computer
- Copy the latest information (c:\wtaxpro\data\*.*) from old computer to new computer
- Copy the backup files (c:\wtaxpro\backup\*.*) from old computer to new computer
1. Copy C:\wtaxpro and all its sub folders and files (from old computer) to the C: Drive of the new computer (using a USB flash drive)
- On the new computer the setup should look like c:\wtaxpro
2. On the new computer, install the following WinTax system files:
3. Create a desktop icon/shortcut on the new computer.
- While on the desktop, click the right mouse and choose 'NEW shortcut'.
- Enter or browse for C:\wtaxpro\wintax.exe
- Click Next or Finish to create the shortcut.