WinTax update 2020.4.9 (released on May 26, 2020)
* Fix errors in 2020.4.7, 2020.4.8
Download WinTax (UPDATE ONLY) version 2020.4.9
(includes Covid-19 reports processing)
For comments and suggestions for WinTax, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The WinTax CEWS report will give you the payroll numbers you need to enter into the CRA provided calculator Excel spreadsheet, which will calculate the subsidy you will be eligible to get.
Please Review carefully the CRA's explanation of the following 2 subsidy offers.
On the CEWS 75% offer you must study the web document provided below by CRA.
Also make sure you download the CRA CEWS calculation spreadsheet provided
(Note: there is a separate tab selection for weekly and bi-weekly) .
CEWS report enhancements
WinTax version 2020.4.7,4.8,4.9
- New way of generating CEWS report using 'Pay Ending dates'
(CEWS) 75% Emergency Wage Subsidy
This is a subsidy of 75% of employee wages for up to 12 weeks from March 15 to June 6, 2020. This program is available to eligible employers that have seen a revenue reduction of at lease 15 percent in March and a 30 percent reduction for the remaining months.
Please note that CEWS applications will not be processed by the CRA on a first-come, first-served basis. Instead, all applications received from April 27 to May 3 will be batch-processed at the same time on May 4.
- Select employees to exclude from report (Employee screen)
Please visit the following link to get more information about:
- Who is an eligible employer
- Determine your eligible employees
- Calculate your subsidy amount
* Please download the latest calculation spreadsheet as you will need this in conjunction with the WinTax report information which you will enter into the spreadsheet to calculate the subsidy amounts that will be awarded to you.
- How to apply
- After you apply
- Contact the CRA
CRA FAQ on CEWS Wage Subsidy
(10%) Temporary Wage Subsidy
This is a temporary three-month subsidy program that will allow eligible employers to reduce the amount of payroll taxes submitted to the CRA.
This subsidy is 10% of the remuneration you pay between March 18, 2020 to June 19, 2020 up to $1,375 per eligible employee and to a maximum of $25,000 per company.
NOTE: The 10% Wage Subsidy will need to be subtracted from your CEWS submission.
- Add Employee 'Arm's Length' status (Employee screen)
- Add total eligible employees Count, total eligible remuneration
Employer Paid Contributions Refund
Employers can claim refund for the employer-paid part of contributions made on behalf of eligible employees who are furloughed (on leave with full or partial pay ) for any full week in the claim period.
These employer-paid contributions include:
- Employment Insurance (EI)
- the Canada Pension Plan (CPP)
- the Quebec Pension Plan (QPP), and
- the Quebec Parental Insurance Plan (QPIP)