For each employee, you can create an adjustment record to change the year-to-date amounts as of any cheque date.
To convert payroll information from another payroll system to WinTax during the year, you can create adjustment records with a cheque date before the 1st WinTax generated pay.
To create an adjustment record for an employee:
- Select tax year (Ex. 2020)
- Select employee
- Use the 'Manual Adj' function (or from the 'Maintenance' menu on the toolbar).
- Click 'NEW' to create adjustment record and select your desired date for pay period and cheque date.
- On the 1st column, look for the item you want to adjust
- Type the adjustment amount (plus or minus) on the next column. Note that the YTD column will reflect the year-to-date amount as of the cheque date.